... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Saturday...
* high temperatures... 102 to 105.
* Timing... the hottest times of the day will be from noon until
7 PM each day. Temperatures at night will not cool off that
much and will remain at least in the mid to upper 60s.
* Impacts... the potential exists for heat exhaustion and heat
stroke due to the hot temperatures. Do not leave your children
or pets in a hot car. Do not over exert yourself outdoors
during the hottest times of the day.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot daytime temperatures and warm
overnight low temperatures will combine to create a situation in
which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay
in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check up
on relatives and neighbors.
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday afternoon through
Sunday evening for very hot and dry conditions for fire weather
zones 641 and 643...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Friday afternoon through
* Affected area... in waz641... fire weather zone 641. In waz643...
fire weather zone 643.
* Timing... hot and dry conditions are expected in the early
afternoon through the evening on Friday through Sunday.
* Wind... winds will be mainly terrain driven less than 5 mph.
* Humidity... 8 to 11 percent.
* Haines... 6.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
... New daily record high temperatures for July 30th...
Station previous new records
record/year record began
The Dalles, or 106 / 1965 106 (tied) 1929
Redmond, or 100 / 1999 101 1949